Friday, November 19, 2010

baby's first ________

I've spent 40 seconds driving my very first scooter/tiny motorcycle. There are many reasons to be fearful - my lead foot (or right hand in this case), narrow roads, giant potholes, Indian drivers, unsupervised toddlers everywhere.

If I manslaughter an innocent child or throw myself into a ditch (helmetless, natch), it really was very nice knowing you. Then again, I'd rather go to Indian prison for criminal negligence than smuggling jewelry to avoid export taxes. Srsly. How embarrassing.

Wish me luck, I'll need it.

P.S. I'm in Hampi and it's soooooooo beautiful! Too lazy to post a link. Just Google it, you bums.

1 comment:

  1. ok - this is the kind of thing a mom would like to hear about AFTER their child has survived the perils! Seriously. Be careful. Remember in Bali and Lombok we marvelled at how there didn't seem to be any serious accidents with all the crazy scooters loaded with entire families, weaving through the haphazard traffic, and then we talked to that guy where we were buying batiks, and he was permanently maimed from a motorcycle/scooter accident and proceeded to tell many such tales of people he knew.... sigh. One last caution - harken back to those gruesome photos of Karen's gouged arm after her scooter accident with Jay in Thailand... 'nuff said!! :) yer ma PS - oh ya, but have fun!!

    ReplyDelete